Leeds Lit Fest is run by a partnership of arts organisations and a team of volunteers. Current partner organisations include The Leeds Library, Leeds Libraries, Hyde Park Book Club, Carriageworks Theatre, MILIM, The Leeds Big Bookend and Northern Short Story Festival, Leeds Church Institute and Strix.
The core objectives of the Festival are to:
• Champion literature and writing in Leeds
• Engage new audiences in spoken word and literature
• Assist in growing and developing links within Leeds between partners committed to championing books, writing and literature
• Assist partners in developing their profile for their core work
• Bring nationally and internationally significant literature events to Leeds
• Celebrate heritage and heritage buildings in the city centre
• Be the leading contemporary literature festival in the North of England within ten years
In working towards these objectives, we are establishing a reputation for commissioning, developing and delivering a number of high quality and non-traditional literature inspired events for the city.